Tuesday, April 15, 2008

658 - A Beginning

A Beginning

This is my second quarter in the Master's program and I'm excited about this foray into technology, digital media, and new ways of learning to communicate. My past experience with blogging has been minimal - only a bit in a class requiring a few posts. However, I am intrigued by what I don't know--like Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" (no underlining button visible). Indeed, a ten-year old child probably has more knowledge about the blogging community than me. This also interests me. I want to know what lies out there in the electronic fringes (well, to me they're fringes). I see a possibility of learning anew and then utilizing that knowledge in my writing and teaching. As I sit here in front of my computer, a sense arises that I'll have to pay more attention to the youngin's around me and ask them where this technology leads.

Turning to the technical terms and aspects, I'm unfamiliar with IMing, and Network technology dredges up the frustrated emotions I felt when linking my home computers. As for print and visual design, I would love to learn more about these aspects of computing. Right now, "print" means my HP deskjet--and maybe some clip-art.

Thanks for listening,

Greg

No comments: