Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thu. Jan 28, 2010

Okay, so I confronted a student situation today and it worked out well. At our last TA meeting, I mentioned a student I've had trouble with--a negative attitude and disrespectful. Today, I had the front and back rows switch--putting this student up front--along with another talker. the situation turned around! Having these two students up front put them jn a situation where they had to squarely interact with me--and they did fairly well. The point is that moving them up front physically took their ability to talk out of their hands. Chloe suggested this move to me after I told her about the situation--she had gotten it from Mary Boland. On Tuesday, I'll switch the sides of the class so students don't feel singled out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work Greg.