Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thur. Jan. 21, 2010

An okay day, today. I had a challenging situation come up with a disgruntled student after class. Turns out, he's frustrated because he feels we're moving too slow for him. I reminded him I have 28 students and he's only one of them. I suggested he use this as a learning experience, that in his career, he'll come across situations that will challenge him to be patient and he can use this experience as one way to become better at handling adversity. i'm going to check withhim next week to see where he's at. This is good for me as well--I'm seeing the old adage in better clarity--no pain, no gain.

1 comment:

phillbarcenas said...

Hey Professor Baran, It is Phillip Barcenas from your class. If the student feels the class is moving too slow, then surely he would have no problem being put on the spot and explain the day's main ideas.